Singing and Voice Lessons
teaches singing lessons in Marin County, California. Several of her students
have been recent winners of competitions held by the National Association of
Teachers of Singing. Lenora is an experienced voicebuilder for motivated singers of any level of ability.
teaches step-by-step vocal development; singers move ahead at their own pace.
- Singing in tune with beautiful tone quality
- Breathing correctly
- Extending your range and power
- Eliminating "breaking" between registers
- Helping you with vocal discomfort
- Safe singing - not damaging the voice
- Understanding your vocal category
first lessons are an overview of vocal technique; then we work
on your songs, using good technique.
Lenora encourages students to record lessons, helping you to focus your at-home practices.
Areas of Emphasis
- Teaching good communication skills in your singing, being expressive, learning to "put a song over".
- Vocal coaching in foreign languages: Italian, Spanish, French, German, Latin
- From her experience as a Registered Nurse, Lenora always makes vocal health a priority. Her grasp of vocal anatomy and physiology guides her teaching.
- Working with singers' vocal problems, with guidance from their personal doctor
- Access to Bay Area concerts and competitions through her affiliation with the National Association of Teachers of Singing
- Teaching the history of musical traditions, basic keyboard skills, theory and conducting
Voice and Speaking Lessons
With her experience as a Registered Nurse, and working with your doctor's recommendations, Lenora can help rehabilitate your voice for speaking or singing after surgery or injury.
Lenora is an expert voicebuilder who can also work with you to improve the effectiveness of your speech.
Private or Group Lessons
lessons are one hour per week for the initial five meetings, and,
if finances are an issue, the student may wish to attend 1/2 hr
week or one hour every two weeks.
Group classes are also available:
are limited to ten singers
classes are available for missed classes
offers student concert/workshops throughout the year, giving
an opportunity to learn to perform in a supportive setting.
include a segment of choral singing
years of experience as a voice and singing teacher, privately and at
elementary, high school and college levels.
of Arts in Music, University of California, Berkeley
of Science in Registered Nursing, College of Marin
NATS, Women Musicians of San Francisco
teachers: Donna Petersen, San Francisco Opera, Verna Osborne,
San Francisco Opera, Jess Thomas, International Heldentenor,
Mary Groom Jones, U.C. Berkeley.
movement for singers with Teddy Lee at the Renaissance School
of Dance; opera with Blanche Thebom at the S.F. State Opera
Flamenco Dance with Cruz Luna
see Lenora's biography for more background
you are interested in more detailed information about times
and fees, please e-mail Lenora and include
your phone number, a good time to reach you, and an idea of your